Saturday, January 29, 2011

Def Leppard for a Cause

I sit on a handicap bike at the YMCA every other day. It gets tiring not moving. I think that bike feels the way a wild tiger feels being pent up in a cage at the zoo (for that reason-zoos are LAME).
I blast any song I can find on my iPod that will encourage me to pedal harder. Usually I can't finish a song, because its just not doing its job...unless its Def Leopard's "Pour Some Sugar on Me," which always seems to do the trick (but how many times can you repeat that one before its looses its vibrancy?..usually I'd say 3 times).

Anyways the other day, a noticed a man at the Y walking through with his cane and personal trainer. He is about 40, good looking guy, but his hands and feet are crippled. He could barely move. It must take him at least thirty minutes to walk from one end of the room to the other. And here I was trying to find a good song to get me peddling harder. I felt an immediate urge to help him. I can't say that's the case every time I see I see him, but that day it was. I thought if I could peddle for him to regain his strength back, I would. I would peddle harder than I ever have. Maybe I'd give up eventually, but at least I'd be more motivated then before, when I was trying to be self-motivating.

What if everyone in that gym, peddled, ran, and pushed for him? We would be ridiculously ripped beasts of people. We would be in incredible shape mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and physically. We would come together as a team to fight for this man, to give him what he deserved, putting his cause before ours and in return we would all be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment